Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sweet Potato Nachos

I love nachos! Every time I go out for Mexican I would always go for the extra large nachos...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Good news, I have a Healthy alternative! Those extra salty tortilla chips and large amount of dairy in the sour cream just wasn't cutting it for my healthy lifestyle. I got the inspiration for these nachos from fitfunandfantastic.com. I changed the recipe to my liking since I never like to follow exact directions. There are a lot of alterations you can make to this recipe, just try different things and see what you like!

Sweet Potato Nachos
Serving size: 1

Chips:
1 sweet potato
   salt
   pepper
4 tbs olive oil

Turkey mixture:
1 serving of ground turkey
1/4 green bell pepper
3 tbs onion
1 minced onion
  cumin powder (to taste)
  chili powder (to taste)

Avocado topping:
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 chopped tomatoes

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the sweet potato into thin strips (like a chip) and put them in a cookie sheet. Pour the oil over them sprinkle the salt and pepper over them (mix them around). Cook for 15 min. After 15 min flip them over and cook for another 20 min.

Start cooking the onions, bell pepper, and garlic in a skillet. Add the ground turkey, cumin powder, and chili powder and cook until done.

Put the avocado in a bowl and mash it up. Add the yogurt and stir. Chop tomato and add to top.

No comments:

Post a Comment